Expansion kit includes: KT-1 and KT-MUL-SC reader (1)
KT-1 One Door Controller
KT-1 is an Ethernet-ready single door controller, supporting two readers – IN/OUT and configurable in two modes providing advanced access control features when used with EntraPass Security Software (v6.02 and higher) or basic door security without the need to connect to a host system when in Standalone Mode.
With its elegant design and innovative single button enrollment (EntraPass Security Software), KT-1 offers installers the ultimate experience in access control installation. Simply provide an IP connection, push a touch-sensitive button and you’re done, the KT-1 controller is up and running in minutes.
KT-1 is also configurable in Standalone Mode through the set-up wizard for basic, cost-effective door security using a simple web browser – no EntraPass software required. KT-1 is ideal for small applications, but is equally suited to IP centric buildings and large systems with remote sites.
- One Door IP Controller - Supports 2 readers (entry and exit)
- Single touch-sensitive button for fast & automatic controller enrollment (EntraPass Security Software)
- Configure and manage a single door using a simple embedded web browser – no software to purchase and install
- Intuitive configuration wizard for quick set up
- Plug & Play installation
- Single gang mount (KT-1) or cabinet mount (KT-1-PCB) installation options
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) – Flexible power input
- LED status indicators for maintenance trouble shooting
- Highly secure 128-bit AES encryption
- Intrusion integration with DSC PowerSeries or MAXSYS alarm panels
- Compatible with existing Kantech controllers including KT-300 and KT-400
- Compatible with EntraPass Security Management Software v6.02 or higher
ioSmart Multi-Technology Readers
Kantech’s ioSmart Smart Card Readers give customers an easy and powerful way to move from proximity cards to advanced smart card technology, whether they are using the popular Kantech ioProx solution or another proximity system. Multi-technology readers provide the option to read both prox and smart cards allowing the customers to migrate at their pace.
ioSmart readers provide end-to-end AES 128-bit encryption between the ioSmart card and ioSmart reader when connected to KT-400 and KT-1 controller over RS-485 and aforementioned controllers to EntraPass software over IP.
Unlike other solutions on the market that use restrictive, proprietary technology, ioSmart’s open technology offers versatility. Based on MIFARE Plus smart technology for readers, and MIFARE Plus EV1 for credentials, ioSmart supports many different car formats, including HID® Prox. The reader can also be used with any access controller using Wiegand protocol. To save installation time and money, ioSmart Smart Card Readers can be wired directly to standard door contacts and T.Rex devices rather than running the wires all the way to a controller.
ioSmart readers are uniquely designed with multi-purpose capabilities for broader access control applications. ioSmart supports panel-less access control operation for offline door applications where panel-based architectures are cost prohibitive for low cost keyless entry. While in panel-less operation, ioSmart readers do not require any local network connectivity and provide cloud managed access control for mobile users even when Wi-Fi and cellular networks are out of service.
ioSmart Smart Card Readers are Bluetooth-ready and field firmware upgradeable, providing a solution that customers can rely on for long-term performance. Beyond access control, customers can use the ioSmart MIFARE Plus EV1 card’s additional unlocked sectors for third party applications such as vending, cafeteria, bus/train, etc.* These readers offer an uncomplicated path to secure, feature-rich technology.
ioSmart Smart Card Readers include an intuitive LED status bar that clearly indicates various access conditions to the user. There are also models available with integrated backlit, capacitive keypad support for dual factor authentication, combining contactless card presentation with a PIN.
- End-to-end encryption for added security
- Cost-effective solution to transition from prox to advanced smart technology
- Open technology provides versatility
- Bluetooth-ready for future proofing
- Unique design allows timesaving wiring to standard door contacts and T.Rex devices
- Tyco Cloud cloud-enabled product